We like books
Sinclair Lewis, It Can’t Happen Here
neocon junta steals american election, stages false flag op, declares war on everybody, suspends the constitution, people are disappeared — oh wait, it can happen here.
But I think I like this other thread, The 5 Books They would make you read in Hell. Here’s my take. These are books, which, when I was reading them, I felt I was sloughing through lava, or maybe someone was gouging me with a poker. One I gave up on but the rest I finished.
1. Bonfire of the Vanities (I loathed every character)
2. Bridges of Madison County (Gag)
3. Lord Jim (Guy wanders aimlessly on high seas. I needed Dramamine)
4. Seven Habits of Highly Effective People (You mean this book won’t help me get rich quick?)
5. Angels and Demons (I think this was written by some kind of novel-writing AI; there was no humanity in it, nor anything that really made much sense)
Also, I’d include Jack Chick tracts. Just because.